Thursday, April 23, 2009

Easter in Perth


We went to Perth for Easter. Stoo's parents were celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary. So all the family that was over here in Sydney went over to Perth to help them celebrate. We had a great time!!! Caught up with family, friends, ate heaps, chatted lots, got family photos taken (will post them when we get them back), just chilled out and caught up. Reilly had a ball with Andrew and Kirsten's boys (his cousins), and they were pretty happy that they had "boy" cousins to hang out with. Reilly and Ethan really hit it off. As you can see in the pic above!! (still trying to figure out how to add pics between writing!!!)
We even handled the gluten free eating while traveling and away!! Pretty clever hey??? Qantas cater for gluten free, you just have to phone and tell them
, eating at home was easy, (we stayed at Andrew & Kirsten's place) we had breakfast at Miss Maud's, a Swiss smorgasbord place in Perth. I had emailed and told them we would be visiting with family over the Easter weekend and could they tell me of some other food to eat besides the eggs, bacon, tomatoes, fruit juice and yoghurt. I thought I'd left it too late to receive a reply, as I didn't get one before we left. When we were seated for about 10 minutes the morning manager came to our table with bread in glad wrap and a covered milkshake container and asked who was gluten free, when I said it was me she told me that they had some gluten free bread (which was absolutley delicious!!!) and a gluten free pancake mix and would I like them to toast the bread and make the pancakes? Of course I said yes please, and I too had a wonderful breakfast!!! All the family asked me how come they knew I was gluten free and I told them I just emailed and asked what they had that was gluten free. Pretty good service if you ask me!!!
So we are back home all safe and sound again, boys enjoying holidays, Stoo back at work, and me trying to make some yummy gluten free food. Some trial and error, but we're doing ok!!!
I found a recipe for gluten free wraps and they are yummo!!! the site is: glutenfree.wordpress.com and just go to the recipes and find sandwich wrap. There are a few versions, I made the first one. Soft like a flour tortilla wrap. Taylor said it tasted sort of like a piklet????? Anyway I think its yum!!!



No comments: