Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Cherry Ripe Mud cake recipe

Stoo told me I need to add the recipe for the Cherry ripe Mud Cake/ Muffins. So here it is!!!

Ingredients:
250g Butter, chopped
1 tbsp drinking chocolate
1 x 400ml can coconut milk
200g dark chocolate, chopped
2 cups caster sugar
3/4 cup SR flour
1 cup plain flour
1/4 cup cocoa
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 x 85g Cherry Ripe bars, (they use to be the king size - now they are the twin pack bars) chopped or broken into pieces.

200g (or so) chocolate, extra
1/2 - 1 cup cream

Preheat oven to slow. Grease a deep 22cm round cake pan, ( I use 2 x 19cm round pans and divide the mixture into two and sandwich together) or use muffins pans if making muffins. Line base and sides of tin with baking paper. For muffins use paper cases.
Melt butter in medium to large saucepan over low heat, add drinking chocolate, coconut milk, chocolate and sugar. Stir until chocolate melts and sugar dissolves. Cool to room temperature.
In a medium bowl, sift flours and cocoa, add cooled chocolate mixture, add eggs and vanilla essence. Stir in half the cherry ripe. Pour into prepared pan or muffin cases. Top with remaining Cherry ripe, bake in a slow oven for about 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 hours for cake or about 30 - 40 mins for muffins. Stand for 5- 10 mins, turn out cake onto wire rack to cool.

Now for the topping I just melt some chocolate and cream together over a low heat. I usually start with about 200 - 250gs chocolate and about 1/2 cup cream. If you don't think there is enough mixture to ice your cake with, just add more chocolate and cream. Its right when it is mixed to a smooth consistency, it shouldn't look grainy, let cool a little, so you can still spread it.

If making the cakes to sandwich together then place one on a plate,spread chocolate and cream mixture over the middle then place other cake on top and spread top and sides with chocolate and cream mixture, if its just one layer just spread over top and sides, and if muffins, spread on top of each muffin. ENJOY!!!
If you get stuck just send a message and ask, I'll gladly help.

2 comments:

Gell said...

How yummy do theey look???? And I just started my diet this week... they look so good!!!!!!

Belinda said...

I am excited already :D :D